Search Wales

Activity Centres | Packages | Brochures | Images | Videos | Holiday Reviews | Experience Days

Thursday 19 February 2009

Snowing in Switzerland...


Unfortunately no, I am not tucked away in the snowy mountains wearing nothing but my goggles, thermals and my bright blue woolly hat...but I know some lucky b..person who is. Oli 'Everest' Tuggey who is a pirate with Big Blue Kite surfing, is taking a break from the wild waters of Newgale to instruct a number of dare devils Snow Kiting on the snowy white pistes of Switzerland.

I headed off to Andorra last February but were a tad unfortunate with the snow fall, by the end of our stay the majority of the snow had turned to nasty icy ice. Typically, pretty much as soon as we left you can imagine what happened. Nothing but consistent snow fall covering the mountains in one big cuddly blanket of snow. From reading the 'Big Blue Experience Blog' it seems that the drifts on the side of the road with them are reaching clumps of 15ft, so I think that is kind of satisfactory don't you think?

Aside from enjoying the snow during the winter, Oli and the big Blue Team are busy bees teaching a number of people to Kite Surf, Kite Board, Wake Board, Paddle Board, Power Kite and charge along the shores on a bright yellow Zap Cat. Fancy your chances?!

As I mentioned the Wake Board in the middle of that sentence, I suddenly turned my thoughts to when Mart and I are going to get our boat out of the shed, give it a sprinkle of clean, shiny stuff and hit the Cleddau waters. I cannot wait, it is officially the season...soon! How so very exciting, early morning boarding, late night boarding, all day boarding, it is such a blast. Actually, I set you all a challenge there...get your wetsuit out of the cupboard, dust off the cob webs and let's get boarding! You seriously will regret nothing...

So back to the Everest, I sure you all are anyway, but keep enjoying your time in Switzerland and we shall welcome you back with typical Pembrokeshire weather of grey skies, heavy raindrops but bright blue seas and plentiful jellyfish...See you in April!

No comments: