Search Wales

Activity Centres | Packages | Brochures | Images | Videos | Holiday Reviews | Experience Days

Saturday 30 May 2009

It's a beautiful day!


And boy isn't it blinking beautiful.

The sun is shining the skies are blue and I am trying my 100% best to entertain myself, keep myself and busy and pretend that it is tipping down with rain - but it just isn't working. How can I possibly convince myself it is dismal outside when everyone that is walking through the office doors today are wearing Dolce and Gabanna shades, bright blue flip flops and have a casual jumper tied around their necks to look really hip, cool and summery.
Hmm, I am not jealous at all.

Tomorrow, I am happy to announce with one big fat smile on my face that it is going to be a scorcher standing at 23 degrees and I will be catching the rays all day.

So recently my little home County of Pembrokeshire has had some attention paid to one of it's beautiful quaint villages for a very special reason. It has hit the Welsh news of late that pretty place, Solva has been left a staggering amount of money in the region of £400,000 from a 90 year old widow as a thank you for the welcome she had received once she had retired to the area.

Isn't that an extremely sweet, generous and thoughtful gesture? Seriously that there just makes me smile. My grin grew incredibly after also reading that Margaret left a sum of £3,000 to whoever agreed to looking after her ginger tom Brutus to save him being destroyed or going into a cattery. Now that is my kind of heartfelt woman. Thank you Margaret for reassuring me that genuine kindness still lives on amongst us in Pembrokeshire.

Don't all you cherubs forget good old Father's Day now on Sunday June 21st! For fantastic unique gift ideas as an alternative to socks look no further than old reliables Activity Wales - give us a call: 01437 766 888 or surf the site...

No comments: