Search Wales

Activity Centres | Packages | Brochures | Images | Videos | Holiday Reviews | Experience Days

Thursday 2 July 2009

Rain rain go away. Come back another day...


Just when the boat is fixed the heavens open. Oh, I didn't tell you about that did I. Well here's a story...

Father's Day beckons and I had failed to find anything that I wanted to buy my Dad. That is apart from one of those hilarious cards that seem funny at the time of buying, but never seem as funny as they once had appeared when the person actually opens it. So hail a day full of 'Oh what to do'.

A bright light sparks and it is then and there arranged to head out onto the Estuary taking my Dad and Mart's Dad (along with the Mother's of course) for a spot of lunch down to Lawrenny Arms. Don't be so silly. How can something so incredibly simple turn into a pure disaster?

So there we are all smiles and glee, bobbing along the channel choking on a horrific cloud of black smoke appearing from the engine. Fair play though the oil seeping into the water presented us with a marvellous display of all the colours of the rainbow. Hmm, that's not meant to happen.

Turns out the turbo was burning the oil instead of using it?! I say that line with a little caution as it actually means nothing to me and so I am not 100% whether it is complete rubbish or not. But whatever the diagnosis our lunch date was cut short and we had to drive around instead.

So that is what I mean by my opening line. Typical!


I can't believe Jacko is dead. It is the first ever time that I have heard Chris Moyles speaking with such sincerity in his voice and genuine emotion on his Radion One breakfast show. Well done Moylesy you did well that morning. That is all my comment really. I can't think of much else to say without stating the obvious that every person in this world already knows...


He is and always will be THE King of Pop.

No comments: