Search Wales

Activity Centres | Packages | Brochures | Images | Videos | Holiday Reviews | Experience Days

Monday 10 May 2010

Walking Wales - Pembrokehire Dawn Walk returns


Since I completed the Pembrokeshire Dawn Walk with my dad last year, I haven't stopped walking since.

I didn't realise how quick this years walk was going to come around, it is this coming Sunday 16th May. Last year, we were a little unfortunate with the weather...my mum, my dad and I were sat around the kitchen table nibbling on our toast as the wind and rain battered against the back door. It was then I decided to slip on my waterproofs. This year though I feel the sun is going to shine!

The Pembrokeshire Dawn Walk on Sunday 16th May is to raise funds for McMillan Cancer Support, with walkers setting off at dawn along a scenic route of 26 miles from Withybush Hospital in Haverfordwest and finishing at Cresselly Cricket Club in time for the well earned party and celebrations!

So this coming Saturday evening will see my mum and I having a generous helping of pasta for tea followed by us kicking back on the sofa watching Britain's Got Talent conserving all our energy for the early start on Sunday.

Back pack, plasters, a bottle of water and I am ready to go...

Just quickly, I wanted to touch on a walking event between the 29th May and 11th June in Pembrokeshire. Coast Path Walk 2010 is an extra special 14 day walk along the full length of the beautiful Pembrokeshire Coast Path - booking is essential.

For further information and booking, call 0845 345 7275.

1 comment:

holiday cottages uk said...

I also want to try the dawn walk. Looks like it's fun! Hope to try it in my next pembrokeshire holiday.