Search Wales

Activity Centres | Packages | Brochures | Images | Videos | Holiday Reviews | Experience Days

Monday 24 May 2010

I'm walking on sunshine...

Well what a terrific weekend. The sun has arrived and I love it...

I am officially a sun worshiper, some might say a little too much sometimes but something smiles inside of me when the sky is blue and the sun is out saying hello.
I spent the whole weekend with my fiance out on the boat, exploring our beautiful Pembrokeshire coastline. For something different we decided to take a spin out towards Skomer Island and the sea was pretty calm really, I suppose there wasn't much of a wind on Saturday. Normally when you pass St Ann's Head the air changes and the sea gets a little choppier as you officially head out to sea but it was fairly inviting.
I do love watching all the birds bobbing up and down riding the waves they look so at home. My mum loves Puffins and boy was there an abundance of them soaking up the sun over the weekend. It was like they had all decided to meet at this one cove as there was an army of them bobbing altogether in this one spot. I still can't really get over how small and adorable they are, I think their rainbow coloured beaks make them exceed the 'cute' factor!
After Skomer we tootled over to Broad Haven and it was lovely to see all the children splashing around at the waters edge, people enjoying the picnics and soaking up the sun.
We then spent the rest of Saturday and all day Sunday enjoying the peaceful setting of Watick Bay, which is a little bay set around the corner from Dale. It is one little hot spot and the water is so clear.

We are definitely wanting to make the most of this gorgeous weather and so hoping to head out again today after work and head down towards Lawrenny. May even treat ourselves to a bar snack!

It is surprising how quick May is whizzing past actually before we know it our Activity Wales Events team will be heading down to Mumbles to launch the Mumbles Triathlon on Saturday 26th June. That is going to be a terrific day, a great setting with friendly people and a challenge for all who has entered. It is amazing the registrations that have flooded in, people are going crazy for this triathlon though spaces are limited.
If anyone is interested, the Mumbles Tri offers competitors a choice between two distances:

Long Sprint 750m open water swim - 32k bike - 5 k (2 laps) run
Short Sprint 750m open water swim - 21k bike - 2.5k run

For further information and for quick registration call a member of our Activity Wales team on 01437 766 888.

Happy sunbathing and long may it continue!

1 comment:

pembrokeshire holidays said...

I also love the sun! I love doing activities under the sun. In fact I had a lot of adventure in my short breaks in wales like surfing. That was real fun!