Search Wales

Activity Centres | Packages | Brochures | Images | Videos | Holiday Reviews | Experience Days

Tuesday 29 June 2010

Mumbles Triathlon

Mumbles Triathlon went off with a bang. What a fantastic weekend and even the sunny weather we ordered turned up without fail.

Watching the sunrise at 5am over the Mumbles coastline made getting up at stupid o'clock well worth it. It was such a fantastic morning, the sea was calm, the sky blue and the sun was peeping from behind the ragged rocks. It was just the most perfect and unspoilt setting for all of the athletes arriving bright eyed and bushy tailed ready to face their tri.

It was the making for a simply perfect day.

Registration on the sun deck of Mumbles Yacht Club went down a storm on the Friday evening, with a great turn out for the pasta party! It was great to make the most of the evening and ensure that everyone admired the fantastic view across the bay.

For someone who really enjoys meeting people and chatting their ear off, I found the registration process perfect for me. Even though it only lasted a few minutes I was truly in my element!
It was great to meet all of the athletes, have a chat and then watch them cross over the finish line on Saturday morning and give them all a great big smile and well done. A sweaty hug was out of the question...

For me watching the swim was absolutely amazing. From the pier you had a great view across the water and saw the mass, deep water start in all it's glory. It was something else...almost like a giant washing machine churning constantly. Fair play to the two swimmers that powered ahead, the early lead was immense.

It's funny isn't it, this may just be me but boy did I want to jump in and join everybody. It was so inspiring to watch everybody mingling and having a ball. They truly looked like they were having so much fun.

I really enjoyed my time in Mumbles and I am 100% confident to say that everybody else did too. I simply cannot wait until next year...

...HAHA, but maybe I don't!

For it's very first year, September 2010 brings The Long Course Weekend to Tenby, Pembrokeshire. It is set to be the most exciting and new triathlon event to come to the UK since Ironman. The major difference of The Long Course being, instead of 17 hours straight the triathlon is being stage over three days...The Wales Swim, The Wales Sportive and finishing with The Wales Marathon.

Think your tough enough? Go in give it a go!

For registration and full information visit http://www.activitywalesevents.com/ or give a representative a call on 01437 766 888.

2 comments:

blue chip holidays said...

I'm planning to spend my holidays in Dorset but I am now considering wales instead of Dorset. What do you think?

wales holidays said...

Yachting seems a good idea for wales holiday.