Search Wales

Activity Centres | Packages | Brochures | Images | Videos | Holiday Reviews | Experience Days

Friday 23 July 2010

The Royal Welsh Show 2010

I am a huge fan of visiting the Royal Welsh Show, but it would seem that I haven't been for a few years. So this year when I was given the chance to exhibit with Activity Wales and Coastal Cottages of Pembrokeshire I jumped at the chance.


There is always such a 'nice' feeling about The Royal Welsh, it maybe because it has been held at Llanelwedd since 1963 and so the superb organisation and layout has been practiced time and time again, that the many dedicated helpers could now arrange the festivities with their eyes closed.


Activity Wales and Coastal Cottages of Pembrokeshire were one of the 1000 trade stands to attend the show which is held over four days, where the figure of 177,000 presented itself as the number of visitors to attend the bustling event and it's full programme of entertainment over the four days.


I love getting involved and being part of the team representing the company that I enjoy working for everyday, it allows me to meet people who love and admire Pembrokeshire and Wales as a whole as much as I do. With The Royal Welsh Show being set in the heart of the Mid Wales Countryside, it is not surprising that you get to feel so very proud of your Welsh roots.


Even the drive from Pembrokeshire to Builth Wells is something amazing to admire, the rolling countryside, magnificent views across the valleys, the fresh mountain air and the winding roads. It really does offer some wonderful sights during the journey that makes it feel as though it has only taken a mere five minutes to get there.

I know that I have driven or been passenger to those roads a handful of times before but it seems that there is always something else to catch my eye or things that I notice hidden amongst the hills that I don't recall ever seeing before. You can certainly understand why so many revel in the opportunity to take their motorbikes for a spin around those mountains to Llandovery and beyond, it is amazingly picturesque.


The four days proved well worth the visit as many popped in to our candy striped marquee to spark conversation on Pembrokeshire and beyond. Some had sadly never been to our hidden gem on the South West Wales coast before, but there were so many who return to Pembrokeshire for their holidays annually and have done so for many many years before.


I couldn't believe that 3292 horse and ponies were entered at this years Royal Welsh with 529 of my favourite, the stunning animal which is the supreme Welsh Cob. They are such a powerful and vibrant breed, I admire and uphold their almighty presence.


A little piece of smart advice would be to pencil in the 18-21st July for The Royal Welsh Show 2011 and embrace the fabulous welsh culture in which it captures year after year. Hopefully I'll see you there!

2 comments:

Devon holiday cottages said...

Wales is really worth to visit. You will surely enjoy every activity that they offer. Going to Wales next month and I'm looking for holiday cottages.

wales holiday said...

I love wales. Such a great place and for sure the show is also great.. <3