Search Wales

Activity Centres | Packages | Brochures | Images | Videos | Holiday Reviews | Experience Days

Tuesday 1 September 2009

Just a Little Run Around the World...

Isn't it scary how the months pass, the season's forever seem to be changing and the Summer has passed for another year?

I hate it when a day ends. I always feel as though I should have done more. I suppose sometimes it's pure laziness if I don't end up doing a lot or... yeah actually it is just being lazy. The Bank Holiday for me was pretty chilled, but I wanted it that way. Saturday Mart and I bought a cute sofa for the new pad, dinner at Frankie and Bennie's then out celebrating the end of the cricket season. Sunday, haha oh Sunday was a pretty memorable day. Mart was feeling a little ill after the night before, though we did manage to take a look around the Church for our wedding next year and pop for a bite to eat afterwards. I don't think I have ever seen him struggle to drink a beer like that in the whole time we have been together. Thinking on it I should have taken a photo to stick in the album! We ended Sunday with a massive duvet afternoon watching TV. Monday, well Monday was a bit of a strange day. We weren't too sure what we actually wanted to do so ended up spending pennies in Tesco. Spent the afternoon wandering around Tenby having a drink or two and getting a pressie for mum and dad.
I bought them a copy of the extraordinary true story of Rosie Swale Pope. Rosie amazingly took a 'Little Run Around the World' for 5 years, tackling 3 packs of wolves and 53 pairs of shoes in memory of her husband who died of cancer. Rosie funded her trip from the rent of her little cottage Salad Days in Tenby, let through Coastal Cottages of Pembrokeshire.
Rosie herself lives in the popular seaside town of Tenby and yesterday was partaking in a book signing at Tenby Bookshop. Spotting a terrific oppurtunity I popped along, said hello and got a signature for mum and dad. Sorted.

1 comment:

Alastair said...

I really enjoyed Rosie's book. Such a positive attitude. And an epic story too!