Search Wales

Activity Centres | Packages | Brochures | Images | Videos | Holiday Reviews | Experience Days

Wednesday 30 December 2009

New Year Frolics

Radio One are dubbing it the Crimbo Limbo, we are officially within the lull between Christmas and New Year.
I am more of a Christmas fan to be honest, the pretty lights, presents and all the Maynard's Wine Gums you can eat. I actually nearly made myself sick the other night I had eaten so many. The trouble is, people will buy me a box. So, when I am sat on the sofa face to face with 600g to demolish, I just don't seem to know when to stop. It's not until I go to get up that I feel my stomach starting to burst at the seams!
New Year's Eve to me is a little too hectic. Don't get me wrong I like a drink as much as the next person, but I almost prefer the 'family' time of New Year's Day, a few nibbles and 'quiet' drinks around town. I think this year we may head down to Saundersfoot and watch the New Year's Day swim. I would like to say that I am brave enough to attempt the freezing dip myself one year but I wouldn't want to fib. Fair play to anyone that goes for either the Boxing Day swim in Tenby or the New Year's Day in Saundersfoot, you must be flipping freezing to say the least! I remember one year, the beach was packed down in Tenby and next minute, along waddles a recycled youngster wearing that awful green Borat swimsuit. Need I say anymore?!
Do you know what always makes me smile on Boxing Day? You can tell what everyone has had for Christmas. It's true, I know I've done it! The new hat and scarf sets come out, the new bags, coats and shoes. This year, I am guilty of the hat and scarf set. I am just waiting for the year everyone turns up in their new pj's. Come on, they are a must have for Christmas aren't they?!

I was back to work yesterday and boy is it hard to get back into the swing of things! I did not have a clue what day it was, but I guess it doesn't take long to become human again and figure how to type your name. Isn't it funny that when you go back to the office and you haven't seen everyone for a few days that out comes the same question at exactly the same time, 'How was your Christmas?' And you have a little giggle and respond, 'Very good thank you.' Sweet really isn't it. Well in a few days it will be a 'Happy New Year'.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL FROM EVERYONE AT ACTIVITY WALES
'See you in 2010'

No comments: