Search Wales

Activity Centres | Packages | Brochures | Images | Videos | Holiday Reviews | Experience Days

Saturday 20 December 2008

2 Days After the Night Before...


Here I am, bright eyed and bushy tailed working on Saturday 20th December, the weekend before Christmas after having one fantastic night sleep. Quite frankly I really couldn't be feeling much better, which is a large step up from the feeling around the office yesterday.

Including myself, the majority of the peeps were just a little tired rather than spaced out and blurry eyed, having consumed a large quantity of alcohol. Well, actually there was an exception to that rule wasn't there Flaming Hot Monster Munch? Or should I say, Amy (as in Winehouse)? Now if you are keen reader's of this Activity Wales blog then you will completely, 100% understand the reference to 'Flaming Hot Monster Munch'. If you haven't got a clue, then you really do need to start reading this blog a lot more!

I really do have to say how lovely everyone looked at our staff Christmas party on Thursday, again if you didn't even know that we were having a Christmas party READ more often other wise I'll begin to think that I am typing to myself all the time! Seriously though, everyone really did make an effort and I just wish that they all continue to do so during day to day work life, we are such a handsome bunch of people!

Sorry company poacher's we belong to the 'Chief' of Coastal Cottages of Pembrokeshire and Activity Wales and are not up for auction.

I know the question that you are all craving to ask, 'Did my heels hold up?' Well I am extremely proud to reveal that my dancing shoes were on until around midnight, approximately 3 hours of dancing. Pretty impressive hey? I was down and grooving and I certainly was not the only one. Our team, for the majority of the dancing evening spread across half of the dance floor shaking our hips, throwing our hair and kicking our legs. If you think our unique moves sound awkward and challenging, just try and master them, it is not for everyone!

I am only joking about the wayward moves really, if I am being truthful I have to confess that we all (including the handful of guys), for a number of weeks now have been rehearsing the Macarena, Thriller and The Casper Slide! I tell you what mind, shaking my booty for hours on end definitely put my fitness levels into perspective, I have none! How unfit am I? You know the phrase, 'Sweating like a Pig?' Hmm...

Food was gorgeous and there was plenty of it for all, washed down with bottles of Red and White wine which set us up for anything. Well, you kind of already know that after reading about the dance moves that were displayed!

It is lovely to mingle with your work crowd and have a laugh and a joke with them, it is just a shame that you realise what you let slip the morning after and sink into a pit of regret! I am not speaking from experience or anything, I just watch too many movies! 'I can't believe I said that...!'

The other worrying aspect of a fantastic night out is when you walk into work the next morning and you witness a few whispers, a little chuckle and suddenly every starts busting your 'Sex Bomb' moves on the tables! I am just lucky that Build Me Up Buttercup never reached the CD player!

Bed came for me and Mart at around 2ish, but there were still a few dirty stop outs lingering like a bad smell until a little time after that I believe. By that time, you can begin to see the bar guys glaring at the very last crowd that they need to get rid of so that they can pack up and go home, wiping the same beer glass for round 10 minutes! I'm only joking, the service was excellent all night long.

All I feel that is left to be said now, is a big, italic THANK YOU for a great evening, and let's gear up to do it all again next year!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blooming cheek! I'll have you all know I was fully alert and raring to go at the office on Friday morning - Merry Christmas everybody love from the Flaming Hot Monster Muncher!

Natalie said...

Hmm, ok I believe you...