Search Wales

Activity Centres | Packages | Brochures | Images | Videos | Holiday Reviews | Experience Days

Thursday 4 December 2008

Activity Wales Christmas Grotto!


Ho Ho Ho! Please do ignore the large image to the right hand side of the screen, I am only joking!

You know back in September when you all thought that I was barking mad for mentioning 'Christmas' just that teeny weeny little bit too early?

Well I hate to tell you guys, oh no don't worry, I am not springing the fact that you have skipped a few doors on your advent calender and you have awoken on Christmas morning, no no, just that here we are, the beginning of December and there are Christmas decorations and sparkling lights everywhere you blink! It can surely mean only one thing. That people are even crazier than last year and feel the need to pop up their dec's before the rest of the world, winning their imaginary award for being the first household to display their dedication and love of the festive season back in August. Okay, slight exaggeration there. Well in thinking about this not really, because my next door neighbour was singing Christmas carols on August Bank Holiday Monday whilst the Barbecue was cooking. Yes, I have been worried about her for a while now.

I do love Christmas as much as the next person, but in my opinion, I do think Christmas does kick in that little bit too early. It's like you go into a local shop to buy a bucket and spade in the Summer and come out with a Christmas Tree, flashing lights and a fairy! I don't know, maybe I am just not quite 'with it'. After all, I am twenty years old now.

Now I just thought that you may all be a little be stressed with the lead up to Christmas, with spending money on pressies and chocolates for the tree and such like, so I found a few little jokes that may cause you to remain sour faced or make you chuckle, (let's hope for the latter!):

Q: What happened when the snow woman got angry with the snowman?
A: She gave him the cold shoulder!

Q. What do the elves sing to Santa Claus on his birthday?
A. Freeze a jolly good fellow . . . (I have to admit I did have a right little chuckle at that one! I know, small things...)

Q. What did the big candle say to the little candle?
A. I'm going out tonight.

Santa Claus Conundrum:
The 3 stages of man:
1) He believes in Santa Claus. 2) He doesn't believe in Santa Claus. 3) He is Santa Claus.

I knew it, they work every time! Go on say it, you are now presenting your sparkling whites through a beaming smile, your bouncing up and down in your chair with tears in your eyes! But please, by all means feel free to post your own Christmas crackers in the 'comment' section if you think that you can do better than those beauties!

I chose my title, 'Activity Wales Christmas Grotto' for this festive season entry because I like to think that here at Activity Wales we have a similar 9-5 working Grotto just like good old Santa Claus. The only difference being of course that ours is actually real and not mythological. In Santa Claus mythology the Grotto is a complex located in the North Pole, and I would just like to mention here that the North Pole was considered as a location for Activity Wales.

Unfortunately, the conclusion was made that myself, Fran, Leanne and Gem would spend far to much time playing with the Polar Bears. I couldn't really see the problem myself, we do get time for lunch so we could pop out then, I guess we couldn't really convince the Chief that we would return. So, on that conclusion we did settle for Pembrokeshire. It is like a home from home really as we have Reindeer at Folly Farm.

Seriously though, I am talking to you today to present you with the answer to all your Christmas shopping worries. Our Experience Day Gift Vouchers are an ideal Christmas present for the many variations in your family, from bingo fanatic Nanny Dot to wacky Cousin Drew. Come on, everyone has their own list of the top ten things they would like to do before they hit the end of the road, and you never know, we may have a least one of them that you can tick off the list!

So, why not take a look and see if I am right, and listen guys, don't worry about me this year I am heading straight for the January sales!

No comments: