Search Wales

Activity Centres | Packages | Brochures | Images | Videos | Holiday Reviews | Experience Days

Wednesday 31 December 2008

Christmas has been and gone again!


Just when we all get geared up for the jolly festive season, wrapping our gifts for the family, stocking up on plenty of beer and choccies, Christmas has been and gone again by the time we can say Santa Claus. All that remains is a pot belly, a hole in our pockets and empty chocolate wrappers!

I can sort of understand why people like to start Christmas back in October, it gives the sparkling season that extra little bit of shelf life doesn't it? But then on the other hand, if you keep all your Christmas fever bottled up inside until around 2 weeks before Christmas, you will be bursting into Christmas tunes such as 'I wish it could be Christmas Everyday' dancing around in circles, whilst everyone else is sat with their head in their hands because their Christmas presents are wrapped, wine is chilling and the Turkey is stuffed and in the oven!

I do hope that you all enjoyed your Christmas however you chose to celebrate, mine has always been a family affair and I couldn't imagine it any other way. I couldn't believe it on Christmas Eve mind, we had a take out from the Indian in town and they were fully booked for Christmas dinner. Now call me old fashioned but an Indian spread on Christmas Day?! Shame it was full I could have booked for 11! Only to save my poor mum cooking and dad from peeling the sprouts though.

This year was rather sad for me really, mum had to break a little news to me in that this was the last year I was to gratefully receive a stocking. Being 21 in July 2009 meant that I am soon going to become an adult. Wake up and smell the coffee...

I suppose that Christmas is for the children really isn't it? Of course I know that, I just can't imagine not being one anymore! Seriously though, seeing my little nephews and niece opening their mountains of presents on Christmas afternoon was lovely, children simply make Christmas, it is a time of great joy and anticipation for children of all ages I believe.

But here we are, on New Years Eve ready and waiting to welcome a brand new year. I wonder what this year will bring for us all? I know something for certain, come Easter our phones will be ringing with people wanting to redeem their Christmas Gift Vouchers! I say Easter, but it could be much before that as many activities do run all year round. There is always some silly sausage wanting to go White Water Rafting or Kite surfing during the colder months, and with Activity Wales we are happy to accommodate those crazy people!

If you have been bought a Gift Voucher for Christmas and are unsure of any details or how to activate your Voucher, then please do contact any member of our Activity Wales team and we will be happy to help. You can reach us on 01437 766 888.

I am going to spend the majority of today trying to decide where to head for tonight, I know I am boring and am so NOT organised, but I like to think of myself to be the more spontaneous type!
Anyway, whatever you wild fires are up to tonight, do enjoy, be careful and look forward to a cosy lie in tomorrow morning! See you in 2009...

Happy New Year!

No comments: