Search Wales

Activity Centres | Packages | Brochures | Images | Videos | Holiday Reviews | Experience Days

Thursday 18 December 2008

Party Poopers Not Welcome!


I feel that I can officially mention CHRISTMAS without now feeling that it is either too early or receive a vibe from those around me that I am banging on about the festive celebrations a little too often. If you have not yet managed to finish your Christmas shopping then all that is left to say is...unlucky.

Now then , I really do not want to offend anyone out there by mentioning our Christmas Party (oops), especially if you are working at Woolworth's at present (but not for much longer) as I appreciate it may be somewhat of a sore point for many with the current climate etc.

But hey now, let's not ponder on that too much and move on to have a little chat about THE night of the year tonight, where Activity Wales and sister company Coastal Cottages of Pembrokeshire get together, all spruced up in our gowns and suits, pushing the computer's aside and get down to a little boogie and a few (quiet) drinks!

This is rather exciting for me as I have not yet attended a Christmas Party with the company, having only been here since January this year. Which means that on January 2nd the office is sure to be filled with cakes, pop and pringles and party poppers to celebrate my 12 month working spell. Either that or my P45!

I have been informed by an insider known only by 'Saint Nikoclaus' to watch out for a few individuals dancing on tables and the like, and not to name any names that could put 'Saint Nikoclaus' in danger by any means, I shall call them Linda, Alison and Mrs C, all members of the Accounts department. I do hope that is not too much information revealed Nikoclaus.

Once I have wrapped up my working day at 16.30, I shall race home (sticking to all of the speed limits along the way), shower, change and wallah! Princess Natter's has been born. I am slightly worried however that my 12cm heel will prove to be a little to daring by say around 20.00 (it starts at 19.30) and I shall be riddled with blisters and walking like a penguin. But I am sure I won't be the only one.

I hear you all bellowing 'But where does this triumphant mound of festivities take place Princess?' so I will oblige in revealing, The Wolfscastle Country Hotel otherwise known as Allt-yr-Afon. I have attended the Hotel in previous years for Wedding functions and may I say the food is absolutely fabulous, to die for, exquisite! To make way for my 3 course Dinner this evening, consisting of Leek and Potato soup ( I know, an old favourite), Butternut Squash and Raspberry Cheesecake, I have only brought along tomato soup and a yogurt for dinner so not to spoil my appetite.

I can feel in my waters that tonight we will have among us famous faces such as Cinderella (before and after), her Fairy Godmother, Prince Charming and a Frog. I do believe Shrek could make an appearance depending on what sort of day it's been. Of course I am only joking, just preparing everyone for this joyous occasion, with smiles all round and a sprightly skip in their step.

Last thought, I am thinking we should play that irritating game where you all write down a famous person or something, swap within the group, stick it on your forehead and you have to sit there like a silly person while you ask random questions about who you could possible be amongst the laughter of those around you. It's an idea I will bear in mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lost you pictures of a great stay in Pembrokeshire, send us the Digital card